As County Legislator, Stan Brownell has introduced and/or supported legislation to protect the health of our children, preserve local historic structures and farmland, along with voting to reduce county property taxes for five years.
A lifelong resident of Hoosick, Stan is married to the former Robin Arnold. They are the proud parents of Matthew, Ashley, Stephanie and Stephen. Stan and Robin also have four grandsons, Tyler, Zane, Blake and Ashton as well as one granddaughter Alora. Stan is the Facility Manager for the New York State Energy Research and Development Authority.
He has volunteered with the Hoosick Little League, the North Hoosick Fire Volunteer Fire Company and the Hoosick Falls Elks Club. From 1995-1999 Stan was a member of the Hoosick Town Board and served as co-chairman of the Hoosick Youth Committee where he helped lead efforts to improve the Hoosick town pool and park. He was a member of the St. Stanislaw Society, Hoosick Falls Kiwanis Club, Troy Bowling Association, serving as secretary/treasurer and a board member for the Hoosick Falls Health Center
Stan is currently a member of the Capital District Regional Planning Commission representing all of Rensselaer County and also a member of the Albany Airport regional advisory task force committee.
Stan has been a member of the County Legislature since 1998. He serves as the Vice Chairman of the Legislature and is a member of the Rules and Legislative Operations Committee.
As Legislator, Stan Brownell has:
· Introduced and helped adopt legislation to reduce access by children to cigarettes in stores and vending machines
· Sought to have the 140 year old St. Mark’s Episcopal Church in Hoosick placed on the National Historic Register
· Supported a plan that increased sales tax revenues to towns and villages in his legislative district
· Voted to end the sales tax on clothing and footwear
· Voted for the largest county road improvement project in 30 years